10 Questions, 60 Seconds with Elaine
1. How did you get into the staffing industry?
I was recruited from retail management to join an industrial staffing agency. After two years, I wanted to focus on a more specialized industry and sought recruiting opportunities in legal and IT. I graciously landed at AGA and could not be more happy about my decision.
2. What three words describe AGA Legal Staffing?
Above the rest.
3. What does your job entail?
My job entails connecting candidates and law firms with the best opportunities possible. I work closely with both parties, clients and candidates, to assess their needs and requirements to offer my knowledge of current market trends and staffing solutions and acting as an advocate on both sides of every opportunity.
4. What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
Successfully connecting a candidate with a long-lasting career opportunity. There is a lot that goes into the process, and we get to work closely with candidates on achieve their career goals, while connecting firms with amazing people.
5. What are the toughest challenges you’ve had at work?
Setting boundaries. Everything we do is for our clients and candidates, it’s difficult to step away from working towards exceeding their goals and expectations.
6. What is the best career lesson you learned?
Always be honest and transparent. Be adaptable and creative with your solutions.
7. Three traits that describe you?
Dedicated, personable, outgoing
8. What do you like to do on your days off?
Hike with my dog, catch up on the latest streaming shows, or play video games. Hiking in Colorado is always a great adventure and there are so many places to explore. Likewise, I love downtime at home when I am off to watch shows and play games.
9. Do you have a favorite place in the world?
Nature! I don’t think it matters where in the world it is, being in nature is healing and peaceful. I try to explore as much outdoors as possible.
10. What's one thing you can't live without?
My Nintendo Switch. I travel a lot and it’s easy to take with me on-the-go for entertainment on flights.