Employee Spotlight, 10 Questions, 60 Seconds with Rodney
1. How did you get into the staffing industry?
Thankfully, my best friend never gave up on me. She tried recruiting me to work in the staffing industry for many years, however I never entertained the idea. Until one day, I thought to myself, what do I have to lose? I met with her boss and really enjoyed the conversation and was set at ease. After accepting the position, I just told myself to trust the process and since then, I have loved everything about it. I get to work with great people, and I really enjoy what I do!
2. What three words describe AGA Legal Staffing? Supportive, Challenging, Rewarding
3. What does your job entail?
I am responsible for sourcing and screening qualified candidates to help connect with competitive employers, our clients, in the legal industry for their potential job openings. In the role, I’m able to help coach, support and build relationships with the candidates during the interview process with the opportunity of having an offer, that can be life changing for many.
4. What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
It is very rewarding to share the good news with candidates that they have an offer. Not only is it great news for the candidate, but it also feels great to know that I was able to help them during the whole process to securing the position.
5. Living or dead, who would you want at a dinner party?
Melissa McCarthy. She is super hilarious and is my favorite actress.
6. What is the best career lesson you learned?
Within my career, rather it be my previous employment or current, I have learned to always seek to understand your audience. This has been internally or externally in my roles. I feel once I can do this, conversations are easier to have and relationships begin to be built on trust.
7. Three traits that describe you? Passionate, Charismatic, Outgoing
8. What do you like to do on your days off?
Relax, binge watch thrillers and spend time with friends.
9. Do you have a favorite place in the world?
Being on any beach is my happy place. It is very soothing and peaceful!
10. What's one thing you can't live without?
My family and friends. They are my world!